- Activates the mTOR Pathway
- Supports Protein Synthesis
- Turns On The Switch To Natural Gains
One of the most talked-about sports nutrition concepts in recent years is the process of protein synthesis, and for good reason, because the stimulation of protein synthesis is directly tied to the process of muscle growth. As long as protein synthesis exceeds protein breakdown, muscle growth can occur. Of course, there are many components to this concept, such as intense training sessions and sufficiently high protein intake. From a supplementation aspect, one of the more exciting developments has been Phosphatidic Acid (or, PA). Phosphatidic acid is an important signaling lipid that is involved in a number of biological processes; more importantly, it’s also involved in the process of protein synthesis. Clinical studies have suggested that PA stimulates the mTOR (or, Mammalian Target of Rapamycin) signaling pathway which is the pathway that controls the process of protein synthesis. Additionally, it has been suggested that PA may also help prevent muscle protein breakdown, making it both anabolic and anti-catabolic.
There are two published clinical studies that suggest when test subjects were given Mediator® Phosphatidic Acid combined with resistance exercise and a high protein diet, it had a positive impact on strength and muscle mass. The first study indicated that test subjects given 750mg of PA achieved a 2.6% increase in lean body mass (LBM) and a 12.7% increase in squat strength. The test subjects that were given a placebo showed only a .1% increase in LBM and a 9.3% improvement in squat strength. The second study found that test subjects were given 750mg of Mediator® PA achieved significantly greater strength and mass gains when compared to test subjects given a placebo. (1,2)
After results like that, it’s safe to say you’re interested in PA, right? 11 Bravo by Redcon1 is an explosive new product that provides the full clinical dose of this exciting compound. Get ready for some serious gains!
- Joy, J. M., Gundermann, D. M., Lowery, R. P., Jäger, R., McCleary, S. A., Purpura, M., . . . Wilson, J. M. (2014, June 16). Phosphatidic acid enhances mTOR signaling and resistance exercise-induced hypertrophy. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4066292/
- Hoffman, J. R., Stout, J. R., Williams, D. R., Wells, A. J., Fragala, M. S., Mangine, G. T., . . . Jäger, R. (2012, October 05). Efficacy of phosphatidic acid ingestion on lean body mass, muscle thickness, and strength gains in resistance-trained men. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3506449/
Discuss with your physician before taking if you have a medical condition or are taking any prescription medications. Stop use and discuss with your physician if any negative effects occur. Do not exceed the suggested dose. Do not use alcohol while taking this product. Do not take this product if you are pregnant or lactating. Must be 18 years old to use this product. Keep away from children and pets. Do not use if the seal has been tampered with. Store product in a cool, dry place.