The IPYU Clearance Section
Our Clearance Section is full of items on sale that are great deals for our customers to save some of their hard-earned dollars, while still getting a quality product!
We manage and check our inventory on a regular basis, moving all expired and short-dated (nearly expired, usually 1-2 months until expiration) products to our clearance section. We then reduce the price in order to make a great deal for you!
The question is, are expired supplements & vitamins safe to consume and still able to get the job done? In our opinion, the answer is definitely, YES! Because, supplements and vitamins don’t technically expire, rather they become less potent over time.
While the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not require expiration or best by dates, they do, however, have guidelines as to when supplements and vitamins are estimated to either be no longer effective or potent.
Reputable manufacturers choose to put expiration dates or best by dates on their products to give the consumer a conservative estimation of when the product may start to lose potency per the FDA guidelines. All products carried and sold by IPYU contain an expiration date.
By storing all products in a cool, dry area the potency will last well beyond the conservative estimation. IPYU maintains a temperature-controlled warehouse, providing all products a cool and dry environment. Therefore, we are able to extend the shelf life of the products.
The FDA maintains and provides large amounts of information on this topic. We have provided the following link for your reference;
Some key points from the FDA on how long past the expiration or best by date, can a product be used are summarized below;
- Whey/Isolate Protein powders – Generally speaking protein powders are still good for at least 1 year after expiration. Storing in a cool, dry area will extend the life of the product and in most cases well past the 1-year mark.
- Pre-Workout/Amino Powders* –. Like protein powders, the powders can be good for up to a year after expiration, if properly stored in a cool, dry place.
- Fish and Omega Oils – When in liquid form they usually maintain potency well past 6 months of the expiration date. Refrigeration is recommended to extend the life of the product.
- Probiotics – In general, Probiotics are made to be more potent than the label may suggest for the purpose of certifying the product potency is extended for as long as possible. Most Probiotics claim the efficacy of the product is good for up to 6 months past the expiration date.
- Fat Burners – Can be used and consumed for up to 2 years after the date of expiration and can be categorized with the same length of potency as holistic herbal supplements.
- Vitamins/Herbs/Aminos – When in capsule or tablet form, they stay potent for about 2 years after the expiration date.
*Some powder can experience slight clumping from environmental factors like humidity or a particular ingredient in the formula. Despite popular myth, clumping does not indicate a product is spoiled and can simply be dissolved by various means, including the use of a blender.
Please note that all sales are final.
Check out all the great deals of items currently on clearance!