Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Pain-Rx
Pain-Rx is different from any other pain control supplements available. Pain-Rx blends natural COX-2 inhibitors with natural opioid agonists that provide an analgesic effect. Individuals suffering from minor pain, more intense discomfort, and continual muscle pain should try this incredible product. Pain-Rx is your answer - neither OTC nor prescription pain medicines have been able to provide an answer from either a safety or efficacy standpoint.
What is the cause of pain?
It’s not yet fully understood how pain works. Pain is actually a feeling you have in your brain. For example, if you slammed your finger in a car door, your finger has nerve endings that detect things like heat, touch, vibrating, and, yes, the pain of slamming your finger in a car door. Different feelings are monitored by different receptors. Your injured finger also releases specific chemicals that will cause the nerve endings to make the feeling of pain even stronger, similar to turning up the TV so you can hear it better. A few of these chemicals are known as prostaglandins, and these chemicals are manufactured by working cells in the injured tissues using an enzyme called cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2).
For hundreds of years, there have been synthetic and natural chemicals available to treat pain. A very early and extremely influential physician, Hippocrates, wrote about a bitter powder that was extracted from willow bark that was able to ease aches and pains and bring down fevers as early as the fifth century B.C. The active compound in willow bark is called salicin. Upon consumption, this chemical is then converted by the body to another chemical, salicylic acid.
A man from Germany, whose last name was Hoffmann, had arthritis and a bad back, living in a great deal of pain. His son was the German chemist Felix Hoffmann, who happened to work for a chemical company named Freidrich Bayer & Co. Felix tried to help his father by creating a chemical that could reduce his father’s pain without irritation of the stomach lining. He completed his research in 1897 and numerous companies have tried to duplicate and improve on his invention since that time.
The Chemistry Behind Pain Management
Pain Rx helps reduce pain by blocking the cells from making prostaglandins. The COX-2 enzyme is a protein that is made by the cells in your body to take the chemicals in your tissues and convert into prostaglandins. COX-2 is found in most bodily tissues, but an injured tissue contains more of it. Our natural pain formula, Pain-Rx, binds to COX-2 and prevents it from doing its job like a lock you turn on your door. The door can’t open with the lock on and COX-2 does not work with Pain-Rx bound to it. So Pain-Rx doesn’t solve the problem that's causing the pain, but instead, it reduces the pain signals your nerves send to your brain. Through blocking prostaglandin production, Pain-Rx impacts pain and inflammation. Numerous OTC drugs currently available, like ibuprofen (Motrin® and Advil®), and naproxen (Aleve® and Naprosyn®), have numerous negative side effects, yet over 100 billion tablets are taken by consumers annually. This is a huge number, almost 3 million tablets per day!
The following ingredients make up the Pain-Rx proprietary formula:
- ) Paullinia tomentosa – this plant contains tannins effective at low dosages, typically 5 mg, with a methanol extract.
- ) Chiococca alba – this plant contains lignans, coumarins, and alkanes, all of which can reduce known pain with an ethanolic extract made from the dried leaves of the plant;
- ) Mimosa pudica – this is the strongest of the three Belizean plants contained in Pain-Rx. It’s been proven to reduce pain and is used as an anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and muscle relaxant. This 1:1 ethanol-water extract is, at this time, patent-pending for effective pain control.
- ) Lactuca virosa - also called lettuce opium because it has mild sedative and analgesic effects. In 1911, it was researched by the council of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain. It has two primary constituents: Lactucopicrin and Lactucin. The Pain-Rx formula uses superior grade Lactuca virosa grown in Great Britain;
- ) White Willow Bark extract – reduces prostaglandin levels, this in turn decreases pains, aches, and inflammation. Hi-Tech’s 95% extract has been validated to ease both acute and chronic pain, manage arthritis distress, and decrease muscle aches;
- ) Phellodendren Amurense - this well-known herb has been proven to block COX-2 enzymes. COX-2 enzymes play a big role in how we experience pain;
- ) Boswellia Serrata – the active constituent in this herb, boswellic acid, is known to exhibit anti-inflammatory benefits. Research trials have indicated benefits with rheumatoid arthritis also.