Increasing HGH Naturally
Human Growth Hormone is one of the main anabolic hormones in the body. Most people would also include testosterone and insulin. If you’re a bodybuilder or athlete, you should understand the possibilities of naturally stimulating the body’s anabolic hormones. Why? Simple – it means more lean muscle! Are you looking for anti-aging solutions? Then the term “anabolic” might be a little frightening. There’s no reason to be concerned. That’s because the term “anabolic” refers to the positive phases of metabolism. That’s not scary at all, right?
The question of increasing HGH production naturally means you want to stimulate increased HGH production. You want to regain some of the natural production you lose with aging. There are several things you can do to get more out of your body’s HGH production.
Increasing HGH Production Naturally – What Is HGH
Before we begin, let’s define what HGH is:
- It’s a protein hormone consisting of 191 amino acids
- HGH is produced and secreted by the anterior pituitary gland
- The body secretes HGH every 3-5 hours. As much as 70% of the day’s concentration is secreted at night from 11 pm to 2 am
- HGH attaches to receptors on the surface of liver cells, this stimulates them to release IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor-1). IGF-1 is a protein hormone that’s similar in structure to insulin and is responsible for many of the effects of HGH
What Does Intermittent Fasting Have To Do With Increasing HGH Production Naturally?
Fasting is an important aspect of natural HGH release. That’s because research has suggested that it increases natural HGH levels significantly. The research uses extended fasting protocols. In real life that won’t work for many users. Therefore intermittent fasting is a good compromise.
What Is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is a dietary trend designed that supports fat loss by limiting your eating to a predetermined time. The most popular version uses an eating period of 8 hours out of the entire day. Then, you spend the rest of the day, or 16 hours, fasting. You can choose your eating and fasting timeframes. For example, you could eat from 8 am to 4 pm, and fast the rest of the time. (1)
Are you on a fat loss program? Do you want to get the most out of natural HGH stimulation? (9) HGH helps burn body fat. Therefore, a diet and cardio program that supports fat loss is a must if you want optimal natural HGH release.
Increasing HGH production naturally also includes resistance exercise. When it comes to training, it’s important to base your routine on compound exercises. Why? Simple. They stress the largest areas of the body by working several muscle groups at once. Also, the use of short rest periods between sets will increase intensity. This is another component of HGH release. Your between set rest periods should be 60-120 seconds. Keep it short. You’ll see a greater amount of HGH release with 60 second rest periods. These short rest periods may mean adjusting your loads so you can reach your rep and set goals.
Reps And Sets
HGH levels start to increase after 20 minutes of training, so it makes sense to plan on spending about an hour to an hour and a half training. Using shorter rest periods, you should be able to get your workout quickly, there’s not any reason to spend hours in the gym. As far as rep and set totals, use a 3 or 4-day split routine since it seems that 3-5 sets per exercise, 20-25 total sets per session, and reps in the 8-12 range are the best for optimal hormonal stimulation. (1,2,3)
Increasing HGH Production Naturally – Cardio
Increasing HGH production naturally includes cardio. When you perform cardio, include a morning session on an empty stomach. HGH is naturally high at this time. You might wonder about exercising in a potentially catabolic state. Therefore it’s a good idea to drink a small protein shake. Go with about 4-6oz. Drink it about 20-30 minutes before you do cardio. Protein intake is important to an anabolic state and it won’t negatively impact HGH levels. You can also have a cup of coffee too, if you want.
Up to 70% of daily secretions of HGH happen at night. This means getting a good night’s sleep for maximum HGH benefit. Research indicates that poor sleep negatively affects HGH release. (4,5) HGH secretions are related to the body’s sleep/wake cycles. Supplements that can help sleep are a good idea.
For the best natural sleep aids, visit: You searched for sleep aids – I’ll Pump You Up (illpumpyouup.com)
There are other things you can do to promote a good night’s sleep. For starters, maintain a consistent sleep schedule. This means you should try to go to bed at the same time every night. Also, keep your room sleep-friendly by keeping it dark. This can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep. Finally, feel free to take a nap during the day as your schedule allows.
Increasing HGH Production Naturally – Supplements That Increase HGH
Supplements are great for increasing HGH production naturally. This creates a comprehensive approach to natural HGH stimulation. HGH Boosters, as they are often referred to, can stimulate HGH production through different pathways. One of the primary mechanisms of action is improved sleep quality. This makes sense because the body secretes 70% of its HGH at night while we sleep.
Several natural supplements have a positive effect on HGH release.
- Melatonin – This ingredient has a dual effect on HGH, first, it improves the quality of sleep, indirectly supporting HGH release. Additionally, research has shown that it can directly impact HGH release. (6)
- GABA – Like melatonin, GABA can stimulate HGH indirectly by helping the body relax and fall asleep easier.
- Arginine/Ornithine – This combo caused the supplement industry a lot of trouble with the FDA. It was the outlandish claims being made by these products that originally caught the FDA’s attention. Currently, arginine has a reputation for stimulating nitric oxide production, but it’s still thought that arginine can stimulate HGH release. Ornithine has also been shown in some studies to stimulate HGH release, but it appears to take maximum dosages to elicit a response. (7)
- Mucuna Pruriens – Also known as Velvet Bean, this supplement is a source of L-dopa. The neurotransmitter dopamine is known to increase HGH production. L-dopa is a precursor for this neurotransmitter, therefore Mucuna helps stimulate HGH production.
For the best HGH boosters, visit: GH Boosters – I’ll Pump You Up (illpumpyouup.com
Increasing HGH Production Naturally – Recap
The most important aspects of HGH production is to combine all of these tips. You should have a comprehensive program that includes sleep, exercise, and supplements. Make sure you’re doing cardio. Also make sure you’re training as suggested. And don’t forget your supplements!
Sure, sleep aids are critical. Yet there are other choices. There’s some great products to choose from. Remember – visit: GH Boosters – I’ll Pump You Up (illpumpyouup.com)
While you’re there, don’t forget your protein powder and pre-workout!
- Kerndt PR, Naughton JL, Driscoll CE, Loxterkamp DA. Fasting: the history, pathophysiology and complications. West J Med. 1982 Nov;137(5):379-99. PMID: 6758355; PMCID: PMC1274154.
- HormonalResponses and Adaptations to Resistance Exercise and Training, Prof. William J. Kraemer, Nicholas A. Ratamess
- Growth hormone responses during intermittent weight lifting exercise in men, W. P. Vanhelder, M. W. Radomski, R. C. Goode
- Effects Of Very Short Rest Periods On Hormonal Responses To Resistance Exercise In Men by Mohammad Ghaderi
- Clasey JL, Weltman A, Patrie J, Weltman JY, Pezzoli S, Bouchard C, Thorner MO, Hartman ML. Abdominal visceral fat and fasting insulin are important predictors of 24-hour GH release independent of age, gender, and other physiological factors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Aug;86(8):3845-52. doi: 10.1210/jcem.86.8.7731. PMID: 11502822.