What are the best ways to gain mass? Have you ever questioned how the professionals get so MASSIVE in the first place? Eating lots of good, clean food is at the top of the list of reasons. Workout intensity is another ingredient for mass gains. Pros also know how to supplement properly. Are you gaining at least 1-2 lbs. of muscle per 100 lbs. of body weight each week? If not, you should check to make sure that you are following all the guidelines listed in this article.
The Best Ways To Gain Mass – Diet
So, you’re not happy with your body or your growth in the gym? It may not be your workout. And, it may not be your supplement program or your genetics. It’s most likely your diet. Bottom line: diet is one of the best ways to gain mass. No diet is simple or entirely painless. However, people with great physiques make sacrifices. You will likely put on some fat while you’re on a good muscle gaining diet. That’s okay. You can carefully diet it off later.
The Best Ways To Gain Mass – Quality Calories
In order to gain mass you need to put in more calories than you burn every day. Too many bodybuilders slow their gains in their unwillingness to add a small amount of fat. On the other hand, too many people just throw caution to the wind and start eating everything in sight, including junk food. As a bodybuilder protein is the main type of food you need to be concerned with.
You will be eating a large amount of calories in order to gain weight. To allow your body to absorb and actually use the extra calories you will consume, you have to decrease your meal size and increase your meal frequency. The objective is to supply your body with continuous sustenance all through the day. If you eat only three meals per day, then your body would be without nutrients for several hours between each of those meals!
Basically, the three main rules for building muscle are:
- Eat like an animal.
- Train like an animal.
There’s an abundance of great programs out there.
The truth is, no one will ever gain muscle without eating. But when we say eat, we don’t mean just anything. For example, if we said that you need to eat 2000 calories a day to gain weight, and you eat four bags of potato chips each day, the majority of the weight you gain would be fat. The center point of all your meals should be high quality protein, which the body breaks down into amino acids.
The best way to quickly gain weight is to stick to a 50:30:20 ratio of protein:carbs:fat. Stick close to 4000-5000 calories a day, and spread them over 8 meals. Four of these meals should be shakes made with protein powder, some sort of complex carb, and peanut butter. Avoid highly processed carbs and high fructose corn syrup.
Muscle mass is the crucial element of a physique.
Here are 10 tips to jumpstart anabolism and generate a positive nitrogen balance
To pack on muscle mass, you need to absorb more nitrogen through protein and exercise than you excrete through the natural metabolic process.
- Put emphasis on the negative, or eccentric phase of weightlifting.
- Eat fish and meat – tuna, beef, steaks …
- Increase sodium intake. This underrated mineral plays a significant part in general muscle growth and slightly increasing it helps enhance water retention.
- Stop all aerobics. You need to retain as many calories as you can, and aerobics will not help you do that.
- Lift explosively. Be sure that you control the weights you lift, and no cheating!
- Radically increase your calories for three days.
- Rest. Your body needs time to recuperate.
- Eat in the middle of the night.
- Increase strength through powerlifting.
- Supplement with the big three: Glutamine, Creatine and BCAA. They will help you gain mass, with no scary side effects.
There are a lot of other things that you can do to help build mass, but these ten things are the basics:
- Weight train
- Eat more calories. Eating high calorie meals is probably the most important step in gaining mass.
- Consume more protein
- Eat more often
- Don’t forget healthy fats
- Drink more water. Water is the best way to supplement a diet.
- Take a multivitamin
- Take antioxidants
- Rest more often
- Be consistent
There are five simple steps to gain weight, and here they are:
- Count how many calories you eat in a normal day.
- Eat 500 calories MORE than you normally do, starting the day after you count the calories.
- Get in the gym and lift.
- At the end of that week, weigh yourself.
- At some point, you will stop seeing weight gains. When this happens, you will have to eat even more.
Are you taking a step forward, each and every day, going after your muscle building goals? It’s no secret that life rewards action. And that is how you build muscle fast. In fact, can you picture how much closer to your muscle building targets you’d be if you just make up your mind to do ONE thing each and every day that would bring you closer to that goal?
Dedication, a good clean diet and a good workout routine with plenty of time for recovery are what’s needed to gain muscle mass. You can also supplement with whey protein and some form of Creatine. Also, make sure you take a multivitamin, and fish/flax oil will also help.