Vitamin B12 is a member of the B Vitamin family of nutrients. Vitamin B-12 (NOW’s B-12 is referred to as Cyanocobalamin, a form that the body easily converts to other, more active forms) is water soluble and is widely used as an energy supplement, it promotes this function through its role in energy metabolism through its involvement in DNA synthesis and red blood cell formation. B-12 also promotes a healthy nervous system, supports normal homocysteine levels which lead to support of cardiovascular health and is involved in protein and fat metabolism.
Vitamin B-12 by NOW comes in sublingual lozenges, a unique delivery system that allows for rapid absorption because it bypasses the digestive process. Tablets and capsules must undergo digestion and B-12 is not always adequately absorbed. Lozenges provide a much more effective means of taking B-12 due to more complete absorption.
It’s important to note that these lozenges should be allowed to dissolve slowly under the tongue for full effects.
- Required for Red Blood Cell Production – Promotes Energy
- Promotes Nerve Cell Development and a Healthy Nervous System
- Important for DNA Synthesis
- Enables your cells to properly metabolize proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
- Helps balance healthy homocysteine levels in your blood—which in turn helps support cardiovascular health and optimal blood sugar metabolism
- Vegetarian Formula, 5000 mcg, 60 Sublingual Lozenges with added 400 mcg Folic Acid
Discuss with your physician before taking if you have a medical condition or are taking any prescription medications. Stop use and discuss with your physician if any negative effects occur. Do not exceed suggested dose. Do not take if pregnant or lactating. Must be 18 years old to use this product. Keep away from children. Do not use if seal has been tampered with. Store in a cool, dry place.